By Jessica Wilson, Leasing Specialist at Parkwood at Mill Creek
Now that fall is here, get out and about and enjoy the best of the season – like the pumpkin park at Stocker Farm’s Corn Maze in Snohomish. Photo copyright Rob Wilson Photography.
Fall has arrived, and those of us in the Pacific Northwest are embracing it. It’s one of my favorite seasons here in Seattle.
I know that I need more than a pumpkin spice latte to get in the spirit of fall, so I’ll be spending as much time getting out and about as I can – maybe even more than I did during the summer!
Here are 6 great ways to experience the best of the Seattle area this fall:
- Take a bite out of fall at an apple orchard, like The Farm at Swan’s Trail in Snohomish. It’s just outside of Seattle and open through October 31. Family fun includes hay rides and a corn maze.
- Experience Leavenworth Oktoberfest, a 2-hour drive from Seattle. Celebrate the German traditions that signal the arrival of autumn, including comfort food and a Saturday parade preceding the beer tapping ceremony. This charming Bavarian-themed town is sure to please. Remaining dates are October 11-12 & 18-19.
- Explore the harvest at Woodinville Lavender Farm , where you can add the color purple to the rainbow of fall colors. Breathe in a smell more relaxing and spectacular than rain falling through trees. Take home a dried bouquet of lavender or a set of teas (in any flavor but pumpkin spice, please!).
- Get lost in Stocker Farm’s Corn Maze in Snohomish. Pick out your favorite pumpkin, enjoy a hay ride and meet the farm animals. It’s tons of fun for kids.
- Entertain the entire family with a special viewing of The Wizard of Oz on stage at the Paramount Theater. The show closes October 13, so get your tickets soon.
- Train for the most humbling of West Coast distance races on picturesque running trails. Get your tickets and your training plan for the Amica Seattle Marathon, Half Marathon, 5k and Kids Marathon and get running for November 30. Go for distance on Seattle’s Burke Gilman Trail, or for a North Sound treat, check out the Bothell-Everett-Mill Creek North Creek Trail. Both will be bursting with the colors of autumn foliage.
Hopefully autumn will not lose its novelty as you slowly overdose on pumpkin spice everything. If fall is your favorite time of year, you are ready to be let out of the gates. Get out there and have some fun. I’ll see you there!