Maintenance Training Specialist
Position will be located in either San Mateo, Irvine or Woodland Hills, based on location of final candidate.
The ideal candidate will assist in developing and maintaining consistent and efficient Maintenance training programs at Essex. The candidate will identify, and train field operations employees to deliver Essex training programs.
- Assist in design, development, and delivery of Maintenance training programs to support onboarding new hires, development and improvement of maintenance skills, and retention of current employees.
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts to develop instructor-led classroom training and online training resources.
- Conduct or facilitate instructor-led training in a variety of topics such as plumbing, appliance repair, and electrical repair.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing existing training by continually measuring and improving the learning experiences.
- Identify and train Maintenance Supervisors in regional areas to deliver instructor-led Maintenance training. #am
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
- BA/BS degree not required but preferred. Industry experience will be considered in lieu of educational level.
- 3 to 5 years of training experience or maintenance experience in multifamily residential properties required.
- Able to obtain efficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Captivate or Camtasia, and Learning Management Systems.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and project management abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to travel between Essex training regions. Expected travel of up to 25%.