BI Data Analyst/Modeler
Join a diverse team of BI Analysts, Modelers and ETL developers for California’s largest multi-family Real Estate Investment Trust. Develop execute and refine a data/information strategy that supports over 240 apartment communities across Northern and Southern California, the state of Washington and multiple corporate offices.
Provide feedback on strategic and tactical direction for analysts and developers as we develop periodic reporting, self-service reporting capabilities, operational/analytical data marts, select Master Data subject areas and build/maintain the underlying data platforms and ETL processes necessary to populate data marts, ODS’s and our Enterprise Data Warehouse.
Support a series of data governance activities for the enterprise. Be Responsible and accountable for all aspects of the technical execution of a variety of reporting and analytical needs.
Plan and execute enhancements and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure. Anticipate future reporting and analytical needs, identify proactive solutions to satisfy needs.
Work with Key Business stakeholder to address their Analytical Needs
- Has the capability to bring the Essex reporting and BI strategic vision into reality.
- Able to translate high level business requirements into specific detailed technical requirements and tasks.
- Can collect, manipulate and analyze data. Prepare reports, and visualizations such as graphs, charts and dashboards, detailing the significant results they deduce
- Is able to translate numbers into plain English can work with Business partners to solve issues that that directly impact the company performance.
- Able to select appropriate tools and technologies and techniques to meet and exceed requirements.
- Can properly sequence development tasks and activities.
- Has a high regard and appreciation for quality, and is capable of translating this into deliverables.
- Capable of multitasking and dealing with a variety of constituencies and conflicting/competing demands.
- Able to prioritize activities and deal well with changing priorities.
Critical Skills –
- Proven experience and Skills executing a Model Driven Development environment
- Is able to work with key business stakeholder and business analyst to identify their analytical needs and translate into specific detailed technical requirements and tasks
- Can develop Analysis and models of sufficient clarity and detail to allow key business stake holder stake-holders to identify errors, make suggestion that cultivates a high level of confidence in results.
- Is capable of modeling at different levels of abstraction including Conceptual. Enterprise Logical and Physical
- Experience within the Microsoft technology stack sufficient to understand physical design and performance to be able to participate actively in design efforts.
- Significant Skills in SQL Server 2016, SSAS Tabular Models and Power BI required
- Must be able to understand the performance trade-offs of design decisions, physical aspects in physical data models.
- Must be able to develop SQL Databases, write SQL Queries, Tabular Models and DAX
- Can differentiate between implementation specific and business essential requirements. Can solve problems/balance constraints/communicate clearly and effectively. Demonstrated aptitude for logical thinking and the ability to see the larger, strategic picture. Ability to analyze and resolve problems of significant complexity.
Customer/Business Orientation – Able to develop basic business understanding across multiple business process.
General Skills - Analyze and resolve problems of high complexity. Research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution with minimal direction. Analyze trends to proactively prevent problems and escalate as appropriate. Keeps up to date with the technology trends and developments, and keeps technical skills current.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
- Must have significant experience within the Microsoft technology stack sufficient to understand physical design and performance to be able to participate actively in data platform design/implementation efforts.
- Must have significant Experience developing Logical Data Models and Subject Area Models (Relational and Dimensional), and the subsequent translation into physical models.
- Must have knowledge of industry best practices in information/data management techniques and platforms (Data Warehousing Design, ETL Process, Data Modeling).
- Experience in IT controls and data governance practices desired.
- Must have technical leadership experience in an existing BI role.
- Must be able to operate with minimal oversight.
- Must have proficient knowledge across technical/ business environments.
- Must be able to independently engage with customers as needed.
- Must have strong verbal, written and analytical skills, and must be able to work with the standard workstation software utilized to perform their daily duties, e.g., Word, Excel, Visio, etc.