In this role, you will support the Human Resources team by
implementing human resources programs; maintaining associate relations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implements Human Resources programs by providing Human Resources services - Employee Relations, provide counsel to manager, conduct investigations, review disciplinary action documents
- Performance management, coaching managers on performance management issues and processes
- Oversee leave of absence cases to include general administration, comprehensive case management and program compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act, ADA, and all related employment laws
- Act as liaison between the company and outside legal and professional resources to ensure that all employment policies follow current laws and regulations
- Facilitate HR Training throughout the organization
- Performs additional on-going administrative duties and assists Director of HR with special projects as assigned
- High school diploma req. Bachelor degree pref
- Minimum 5 - 7 years in HR experience with strong Employee Relations and Labor Law Knowledge
Candidate must excel in the following areas:
- Employee Relations/Performance Management
- Strong Leave of Absence Knowledge
- Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture
- Strong Understanding of Employment Law
- Customer Service
- Training Facilitation
- Documentation Management and Maintaining Associate Files - Resolving Conflict
- Project/Time Management
- Must have advanced communication skills, both written and verbal
Essex offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we value our associates and their families:
For regular full-time associates regularly scheduled to work at least thirty (30) hours per week:• Medical, Dental, Pre-tax flex plan, Basic life insurance, Supplemental life, Short- and long-term disability, Accidental death insurance plans.
For part-time and full-time associates:• Employer-matching 401(k) plan that offers financial planning and independent brokerage services.• Wellness Program, 24-hour Employee Assistance, Service awards and Paid time-off.