Resident Relations Rep.
ResponsibilitiesPosition is reserved for assets with 400+ units and/or communities where demographics determine necessity. The person in this position is responsible for maintaining positive resident relations and facilitating requests. Accountable for: providing exceptional customer service as it may relate to work order requests, resident retention, and any other guest services in order to provide a quality living environment for current and prospective residents. This position reports to the Senior Community Manager, Community Manager or Assistant Manager.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide a quality experience for current and prospective residents as it relates to their interaction with the community
- Assist residents with work order requests and common area reservations, ensuring quality and completion
- Resolve conflicts with residents regarding rent increases, lease violations, theft, and similar issues, escalating to management when appropriate
- Support office team as requested by answering phones, securing appointments, and completing leasing tasks
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Administrative, general office or support experience
- Strong customer service, sales, and marketing experience
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Valid driver license and automobile insurance
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English
- Proficient understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred Essex offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we value our associates and their families:
For regular full-time associates regularly scheduled to work at least thirty (30) hours per week:
• Medical, Dental, Pre-tax flex plan, Basic life insurance, Supplemental life, Short- and long-term disability, Accidental death insurance plans.
For part-time and full-time associates:
• Employer-matching 401(k) plan that offers financial planning and independent brokerage services.
• Wellness Program, 24-hour Employee Assistance, Service awards and Paid time-off.