The holidays are here! For many of us, that means shopping for gifts, spending extra time with family and friends, and enjoying pumpkin spice everything.
Unfortunately, crime tends to increase during the holidays, as criminals take advantage of the increase in travel and valuables. Please be extra mindful over the next few months to minimize your vulnerability:
- Turn on lights and leave a TV or radio on low volume when you are not home.
- Close your curtains or blinds at night.
- If you will be traveling, request that the USPS hold your mail.
- Keep valuables, shopping bags and gifts out of sight in your home and in your car.
- Consider removing cell phone holders from your car. Having a holder visible might attract the attention of criminals looking for the equipment in your car.
- Always lock the doors and close windows to your home and vehicle.
- Do not leave your keys in your vehicle.
- Install an anti-theft device in your vehicle such as a car alarm, GPS-based security tracking tool, or steering wheel lock.
If you see suspicious activities, please report them immediately to your local police department, courtesy patrol and leasing office. In cases of emergency, please call 911. Please be sure to inform the office if you report an incident to authorities so that we may follow up appropriately.
We are looking forward to a fun-filled holiday season!
Your team at Essex!