- I have applied for a position, what happens next?
After you’ve applied, we will send you an e-mail acknowledgement that your information has been received.
If you meet all qualifications for the role and are considered to be one of the strongest candidates, you will be contacted to coordinate the next steps in the selection process.
If you are not selected to move forward in the recruiting process, you will be notified by e-mail. You still may be contacted about other opportunities that align with your profile or interests. You can update your profile at any time.
- Will you contact me regarding the status of my application?
Our recruiters do their best to review the candidate pool for open positions in a timely manner. We regret that we cannot reply personally to each submission. We will review and share your submission with the appropriate associates within our organization. If there's an immediate match between your talents and our needs, we will contact you directly to discuss further.
- How long does the application process take?
The length of the process can vary widely depending on the type and location of the opportunity for which you apply.
- What should I expect during the interview process?
The interview process is one of our best opportunities to get to know the potential of a candidate, and for the candidate to get to know our associates and our businesses. In most cases, candidates will meet with the hiring manager and sometimes with other team members.
You’ll be asked questions about your academic and work experiences, and you’ll have a chance to ask some questions of us. It will be most helpful for you to know about Essex Property Trust.
You should also have a good sense of what value you think you may bring to our business and be prepared to offer examples of your past achievements or successes.
- Can I submit my information without applying for a position?
You are not required to apply for a specific position. If you don't find an opportunity in which you are interested, you can submit your profile by logging and using the “Connect with Us” feature on the Welcome page of the Careers site. However, please note that applying for a position will expedite the process.
- I would like to check on my status/make updates/apply for other jobs. How do I login to my profile?
To view your candidate profile, please visit our login page.
- I submitted an application but I have not gotten a response. What do I do?
There may be a few reasons why you haven't heard from us.
- On your dashboard you can check the status of previous submittals. If the status is "Incomplete Application", you have not completed the application process. Click “Continue Application” to complete the process.
- Check on your application status. We strive to keep every candidate informed at regular intervals as to the status of their application. You can monitor and check the status of positions you have applied for. Log in to the career portal in the “My Dashboard” section, you can view previous submittals and the status.
- We may need more time. We work diligently to reply to every applicant in a timely manner. Extenuating circumstances, such as an unusually high volume of applicants, can delay a response. Be patient and do not worry; it may take some time to hear back from us.
- How can I see if a job has been filled?
In general, jobs that appear on this site are open and active, even though the interview process may have already started. If you don’t find a position that was previously shown on the site, then it is filled or is no longer available.
- How do I share jobs of interest with friends?
While reviewing the job description/requisition, on the right side there is a “Share this on your newsfeed” option which will allow you to post to various social media websites. Should you wish to send via e-mail, you may click the orange “+” sign and the option to e-mail will appear.
- Can I apply for multiple positions?
While you can apply for multiple positions, we encourage you to read the job description including the responsibilities and necessary experience of the jobs you are interested in. Then, apply for the position you are most qualified. We’ll review your qualifications for the job you apply for, as well as other positions that may be suitable.
- How can I reset my password?
If you forget your username or password, access the log in page and click the “Forgot your Login Name or Password” link.